Faculty Lecturer (Professional), School of Physical and Occupational Therapy (C-220503)
The School of Physical and Occupational Therapy is seeking applications for a part-time position (1 day/week) as a member of the Contract Academic Staff at the rank of Faculty Lecturer (Professional) for a one-year contract.
In collaboration with the psychosocial teaching team, the candidate will be responsible for the coordination and teaching responsibilities associated with two psychosocial courses: [OCC1-551] Psychosocial Practice in OT and [OCC1-618] Applied OT Psychosocial Theory.
Responsibilities will include coordinating and teaching the workload equivalent of 3 credits per term. Courses will involve a mix of theoretical and skill-based learning facilitated in either large or small groups. Coordination will involve being responsible for course development (e.g.,coordination with course instructors, inviting guest speakers, course website management, etc.), as well as providing content alignment and effective teaching delivery associated with education, assignments, and overall student support capable to address the student’s needs within these courses.
Responsibilities will also include involvement in the Occupational Therapy Program activities and meetings, as well as service on program, school, national, and international committees, as well as professional associations.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Occupational Therapist;
- Masters degree or higher;
- Must be eligible for licensure with the OEQ;
- Clinical experience as an occupational therapist in a mental health setting or in a practice with a strong focus on psychosocial dimensions of occupation (i.e., individual and/or group approaches);
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to, and in accordance with circumstances, a track record in equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI);
- Previous teaching experience at university level required;
- Spoken and written English and French;
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, and psychosocial teaching team;
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and creative problem solving is essential;
- Ability to work well with an inter-professional team;
- Competency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Faculty/Department/Unit: Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, School of Physical and Occupational Therapy
Employee Type: Contract Academic Staff ('Academic Contractual')
Rank: Faculty Lecturer
Job Status: Part-time
Length of appointment: 1 year contract
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
Posting Period: Please submit your application within 30 days of the publication of this advertisement.
The following supporting documents are required:
- cover letter and curriculum vitae
- names and contact information of three referees
TO APPLY: Applications must be submitted via McGill Career webpage: https://mcgill.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/McGill_Careers/job/Davis-House/Faculty-Lecturer--Professional---School-of-Physical-and-Occupational-Therapy--C-220503-_JR0000025507