Project Lead, Occupational Therapy program design
The College of Medicine is developing a proposal for an Occupational Therapy program in the School of Rehabilitation Science. The School of Rehabilitation Science currently offers a Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) program.
Primary Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist with the development of a proposal for the creation and operation of an Occupational Therapy (OT) program at USask. This position will also assist with the development of faculty and curriculum plans, space plans, impact analyses and other planning documents for internal approvals for an OT program at USask.
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Associate Dean of the School of Rehabilitation Science this position will be required to build relationships and collaborate with a diverse group of individuals including faculty, administrative leaders, staff, government, and members of the occupational therapy community, at the local, provincial and national levels. A high level of discretion and judgement will be required, along with the organization and initiative to achieve strategic goals and stay accountable to the project planning cycle. Work will take place in a hybrid environment of office/home. Work outside of regular office hours may be required, along with some local and provincial travel.
- Engage with occupational therapists at the local, provincial and national levels to understand current and future training and development needs
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify best practices in training and professional practice and ensure organizational policies are adhered to
- Build and maintain relationships that allow for effective exchange of information and sharing of data
- Identify, collect and present relevant data to support the proposal for an Occupational Therapy program including but not limited to:
- Identifying key internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing an environmental scan of current programs in Canada
- Identifying resources required to initiate the program, including equipment, space and human resources
- Preparing cost projections and budget for program initiation and operations
- Drafting proposals and presentations for review by internal and external stakeholders, including the College of Medicine and Government of Saskatchewan
- Align the proposal with the current and future human resource needs of the province
- Collaborate with faculty, leaders and occupational therapists to develop a curriculum plan
- Prepare a Government Relations plan, in collaboration with the College of Medicine leaders and communications team
- Other tasks as required
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. A recognized post-professional degree (related to education or health care professional practice) would be an asset.
- Project management experience in healthcare and/or education settings is required
- High degree of familiarity with the Occupational Therapy profession is required
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in a diverse and inclusive environment is required
- Understanding of the Saskatchewan context for training and OT practice
- Experience engaging in University processes for program development would be an asset
- Experience in rehabilitation quality assurance or accreditation preparation would be beneficial
- Experience in rehabilitation leadership positions and/or activities would be an asset
Effective interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated ability to adapt to change, organize work, set priorities, and work as part of a team; ability to show initiative; ability to work on multiple projects, in a diverse environment and to meet deadlines; self-motivated; ability to problem-solve effectively in an independent manner with excellent organizational and analytical skills, and computer literacy (Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and virtual meeting platforms including Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Status: Term 12 months with the possibility of extension
Employment Group: ASPA
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 0.6-0.8
Salary: The salary range, based on 1.0 FTE, is $64,107.00 - 134,978.00 per annum. The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Salary Family (if applicable): Specialist Professional
Salary Phase/Band: Phase 2
Posted Date: 5/26/2022
Closing Date: 6/9/2022
Number of Openings: 1
Work Location: May be eligible for hybrid work under the terms of USask's Alternative Workspace Guidelines
The successful applicant will be required to provide the following current verification(s) where 'Yes' is indicated below. Further information is available at: https://careers.usask.ca/tips-for-applying.php
Criminal Record Check: Not Applicable
Driver's License and Abstract Check: Not Applicable
Education/Credential Verification: Not Applicable
Vulnerable Sector Check: Not Applicable
Please review the University of Saskatchewan's health and safety requirements for faculty, staff and students in consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click here to apply